Going to a Islanders Hockey Game

New York Islanders




                                  Image result for islanders

I will be going to a New York Islanders game with my friend. The Islanders are a hockey team from Long Island. At the hockey game, I will sit in section 211 in the arena. When I get to the arena, I'm going to get cotton candy, a hot dog, and a drink for lunch. My friend and I will cheer on the Islanders to win the game. When the Islanders score a goal, we are going to cheer and scream with happiness. During the game, we will sing along to the songs played to excite the crowd. To get home from the arena, we are going to use the train. I am very excited to cheer on my team.


Vocabulary:


1. Hockey (noun): a game played on ice using a stick and a puck. The players must use the stick to get the puck in the other team's net.

2. Arena (noun): a large building that hosts events

3. Cheer (verb): to shout for joy and motivate the team

4. Win (verb): to have a higher score then the other team

5. Goal (noun): to score a point. In hockey, this would mean getting the puck in the other team's net

6. Excite (verb): to give the crowd energy


Vocabulary Exercise

Unscramble each vocabulary word. After you unscramble the word, write the definition next to the word.

1. loag  ____________ :



2. erhce ____________ :



3. inw ______________ :



4. yhcoke _______________ :



5. eeitcx ________________ :




6. nraea ________________ :



Grammar Point:

This blog was written using the future tense. The future tense is used to talk about something that will happen in the future or has not yet happened. In this blog to talk about the future, the phrases/words used were 'will' and 'going to'.


Grammar Exercise:

Write about an event that will take place in the future. This can be about your life, an event, or an imaginary object that you hope will be in the future. Make sure to use 'will' and 'going to' when writing about the future. This writing exercise must be at least 5 sentences.









Comments

  1. I love this post! Hockey is not a very popular sport around the world so I think a lot of students would get a lot out of reading it. The word unscramble activity is a fun and engaging way to get students to practice with the vocabulary! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hockey, but I only became interested in it when I went to college in Oswego. Now I don't go to games much, but I do love the Islanders.
    Good entry overall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts